Enabling SSH on Your Linux Shared Hosting Account
SSH is a secure method of connecting to your hosting account to upload files, move files, and execute commands. Customers using paid Linux shared hosting accounts can enable it.
When you enable SSH, it is enabled for the primary FTP user associated to the account.
To Enable SSH on Your Linux Shared Hosting Account
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Settings menu, select SSH.
- Enter your phone number, and then click Enable. Our hosting operations teams will call you in approximately 10 minutes with a PIN.
- Enter the PIN below and click Verify to enable SSH for your account.
It can take up to 72 hours for us to enable SSH for your account. During this time, you might not be able to access the account as it is moved to a new server.
For more information, see Using SSH to Connect to Your Linux Shared Hosting Account.