What is the difference between a "public" and "private" registration?
Tell us what you think!
Looking for Product Support?
You should know that the information listed on your domain name has to be made publicly available per our Registrar’s agreement with ICANN, the international governing body of domain names. Using false information will violate the registration agreement and lead to the termination of your domain registration.
However, we do offer a solution to help protect your privacy. You can register your domain name with us using our private domain name registration services.
When you purchase our private domain registration services, the WHO-IS directory will list Domains By Proxy’s name, postal address and phone number instead of yours. Although Domains By Proxy is the Registrant of your domain name registration, you still retain the full benefits of domain registration. You can:
- Cancel, sell, or transfer your domain name registration.
- Revert the Registrant listing for your domain name registration back to you.
- Renew your domain name registration when it expires.
- Designate the name servers for your domain.
- Resolve claims arising out of a dispute involving your domain name registration.
More importantly, with a private registration, Domain By Proxy’s name, address and phone number are made publicly available in the WHOIS directory--and not yours.