About the Website Builder Home Page
The Website Builder home page gives you at-a-glance information about your Website. From here, you can click to add new pages, work with existing pages, upload new files and images, and manage other aspects of your Website.
Website Builder consists of two main areas, the home page and the Page Designer. The home page helps you complete administrative tasks, like adding a forum or a guestbook, while you use the Page Designer to design the individual pages of your Website.
NOTE: For a more detailed explanation about the features you can add from the home page, including links to how-to help, see Menu Bar Options below.
The menu bar displays along the top portion of the screen and provides access to over 20 different features.
Returns to the Home page.
- Launch Page Designer
- Displays the Page Designer where you can design and modify your Web pages. For more information, see Designing Pages with Website Builder v6.
- Template and Colors
- Goes to the Template tab where you can select from a variety of templates and change their color schemes. For more information see, Changing a Template in Website Builder.
- Advanced Style Options
- Displays the CSS editor where you can make changes to your Website's CSS. For more information, see Adding Custom CSS in Website Builder v6.
- Advanced Color Options
- Displays a page where you can individually modify the colors your Website is using. For more information, see Changing Your Website's Colors in Website Builder.
- Guestbooks let your Website visitors sign their name on your Website to indicate their visit. For more information, see Adding and Deactivating a Guest Book in Website Builder v6.
- Flash® Intro
- A Flash Intro displays before users see your Website's home page. For more information, see Adding Flash Intros in Website Builderv6.
- A forum is an area of your Website that allows users to create and comment on ongoing discussions. For more information, see Adding a Forum in Website Builder.
- Coming Soon Page
- Coming soon pages alert visitors that you intend to have your Website ready soon. For more information, see Publishing Coming Soon Pages in Website Builder v6.
- Quick Shopping Cart®
- Set up a link to your Quick Shopping Cart Website. For more information, see Integrating Quick Shopping Cart and Website Builder.
- Organize Website
- Add, delete, rename, and make other changes to pages your Website uses. For more information, see Organizing Your Website Using the Organize Website Page.
- Google Websitemaps
- Sitemaps can help make your Website more searchable. For more information, see Customizing Google Websitemap Settings.
- You can backup your Website and restore it at any time. For more information, see Backing Up and Restoring Website Builder v7.
- Goes to the Publish page where you can publish your website. For more information, see Publishing with Website Builder.
- Publish Selected Pages
- Allows you to specify pages you want to publish. For more information, see Hiding Web Pages with Website Builder.
- Publish History
- Shows the date, time, duration, state, any messages, and log files of all previous publishes. For more information see Viewing Your Publishing History and Log.
- File Size/Loading Info
- Website Builder helps you determine your Website's performance and address any areas for improvement. For more information, see Viewing File Size and Loading Information in Website Builder.
- Password Protection
- You can password protect your Website to prevent unwanted access. For more information, see Adding Password Protection to Website Builder.
- Upload Files and Images
- You can upload and manage files and images in Website Builder. For more information, see Uploading and Linking to Files in Website Builder v 6.
- Spell Check
- Website Builder can check your spelling on all your pages or only pages you specify. For more information, see Spell Checking with Website Builder.
- You can download additional fonts to display as captions on your images. For more information, see Downloading Additional Fonts to Website Builder.
- Restart Website
- Start over from scratch by using Website Builder's Restart Website function. For more information, see Starting Your Website Over in Website Builder.
- Modify the settings created when you first set up your Website Builder account. For more information, see Changing Your Domain in Website Builder v6 and/or Editing Your Website Builder Contact Information.
- On the Configuration page you can specify details such as whether to show the Website Builder banner, search engine information, spell check and other options. For more information, see Setting Your Website Preferences in Website Builder.
- Displays the Help Center.
- Goes to our support page where you can submit a support ticket.