Setting up a .MOBI Domain
When setting up Website Builder with a .mobi domain, you can create a website properly formatted for smaller screens. Pages set up with this feature will display on non-smartphone devices. For information about mobile websites optimized for smartphones, see Working with Mobile Websites.
To Set Up a .MOBI Web Page
With .MOBI domains, you can only add mobile page layouts; you cannot add traditional page layouts.
- Log in to your GoWebsite account.
- Click Website Builder©.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- If you accept the terms of the End User License Agreement, click Accept.
- On the Site Settings page, complete the following fields and then click Next :
- Select an available domain from your account
- Select an existing domain name from the list.
- Enter a domain not registered in this account
- Enter your domain name in the space provided.
- Enter a subdomain
- Enter your subdomain name in the space provided and select an existing domain name from the list..
- User Name
- Create a user name that you will use when logging in to your Website Builder Website.
- Password and Confirm New Password
- Create and verify the password that you will use when logging in to your Website Builder Website.
- Email Address
- Forms submitted through your Website will be sent to this email address
- Company or Individual Name
- Your company or individual name will be displayed in the footer of each Web page
- On the Build Your Website page, select one of the following:
- Pre-built Website
- If you are setting up a Website for a .mobi domain, this option is disabled.
- Blank Website
- Selecting Blank Website will allow you to build a Website from scratch. If you want to add pages to your website, click Add Page and enter a title for you page. This step is optional. You can also change the layout of each page of your Website by clicking Change Layout for the page you want to change. You can add pages or change your layout at any time.
- Click Finish.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up your .mobi website. You can continue to the Page Designer to begin building your Website by clicking Build My Website.
- On the Build Your Website page, click Change Layout.
- Scroll through the available layouts by clicking the forward and back arrows or by clicking on the page numbers above the layout thumbnails.
- Click on a layout to select it, and then click OK.
Your website will not display on the Internet until you publish your Website. For more information, see Publishing Your website. To learn more about what you can do with Website Builder, browse through the help topics by selecting Help from the Help menu.