Setting up a Subdomain for Quick Shopping Cart
You can set up your Quick Shopping Cart® storefront as a subdomain of your main domain. For example, you could create the subdomain shop.coolexample.com as a subdomain of your domain www.coolexample.com.
This process is helpful if your domain is currently registered elsewhere or if your domain is registered with us but you want the Quick Shopping Cart storefront to be a branch from your website.
To Set Up a Subdomain as an Online Store
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Quick Shopping Cart.
- In the Quick Shopping Cart list, click Launch next to the New Account you want to set up.
- Read the End User License Agreement, and then click Accept.
- Specify whether you want to use an available sub domain from your account or a domain registered elsewhere.
NOTE: When setting up Quick Shopping Cart on a domain registered elsewhere, you need to manually modify the A record to point to your store's IP address. See Finding Your Store IP Address.
- Enter the following information:
- Email Address
- Enter the email address you want associated with the store.
- Company or Individual Name
- Enter the name you want associated with the store.
- Enter the phone number you want associate with the store
- Enter the slogan you want to use with the store.
- Click OK.
- To confirm you want to set up the store for the domain name you entered, click OK.
- From the home page, use the buttons at the top of screen to specify the information necessary for creating your storefront.
For additional assistance with this process, see About the Quick Shopping Cart Home Page.