Migrating Domain Names and Websites from One Version of Parallels Plesk Panel to Another
You must use the Plesk Migration Manager tool to migrate user accounts, domain names, and websites from one version of Parallels Plesk Panel to another.
Before you try to migrate content, make sure that the account on the server you're migrating from is a "sudo" account. Otherwise, you will get a permissions error when you try to migrate.
To Add an Account to the "sudo" File on a Parallels Plesk Panel Server
- In your browser, log in to Parallels Plesk Panel (on your previous server) and verify that the user are using to transfer content has SSH access.
- Connect to your server via SSH (more info).
- Switch to the root user (more info).
- Once you have root access, type
visudo to open the sudo file you need to edit.
Do not edit this file using the standard vi editor. Use
- In the User Privilege section, add the following line, where "USER" is the user ID you created in Parallels Plesk Panel:
USER ALL=(ALL) ALL
- Type :wq to close visudo.
After you add your account to the sudo file on the server you are transferring content from, you can connect to your new server and use the Migration Manager to transfer your content.
To Migrate Domain Names, Websites, and User Accounts from One Version of Parallels Plesk Panel to Another
- Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel (on your new server) as Admin.
- From the System menu, select Server.
- Under Services, select Migration Manager.
- Enter the IP Address for the server you want to transfer content from.
- Log in with the user account you added to the sudo file on your server.
- Enter the password for your user account.
- Click Next to upload the data.
- The Migration Manager will guide you through the remainder of the process.
If you plan to migrate the entire server you should have at least 50% of your disk space available, as the migration manager creates a backup of the server contents before migration.