About .se Domain Names
The .se country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) is an extension that represents Sweden. For companies that conduct business in Sweden and individuals who want to reach the growing number of Internet users there, these domain names are a good investment. Registering these domain names gives you regional recognition and an easy-to-manage Web presence.
Anyone can register them on a first-come, first-served basis.
Your .se domain name can have up to 63 characters, with a minimum of two characters, and it can contain letters (a to z), numbers (0 to 9), and hyphens (except at the beginning or end).
You can use special characters in your .se domain name, including å, ä, é, ö, and ü. You can also use Finnish, Meänkieli (Tornedalsfinska), Sami, Romany, and Yiddish characters, as well as other Nordic language characters. Click here for a complete list.
To Register .se Domain Names
- On our Home page, in the New Domain search field, enter the domain name.
- Select .se from the list, and then click Go.
- If the domain name you want is available, select any additional domain name extensions you want to purchase, and then click Continue to Registration.
- In the .SE Eligibility Information section, select or enter the following:
- Registrant Country — Select the country in which you or your company resides.
- Registrant Type — Select Individual if you want to register the domain name for personal use. Select Company if you want to register the domain name for business use.
- Registrant ID — Required for both individuals and organizations.
- If located in Sweden, you must enter a valid Swedish ID number in this format: ******—****.
- If located outside Sweden, you must enter a valid ID number, such as a tax ID number, that consists of one to 123 characters.
- VAT ID — VAT stands for Value Added Tax. This ID is required only for companies located inside the European Union. It should match the number you entered in the Registrant ID field above.
- Select any add-ons you want for your domain name, and then complete the purchase.
The Internet Infrastructure Foundation is the registry for .se domain names.
You can register a .se domain name for one to 10 years.
Your .se domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether set the domain name to auto-renew or manually renew. We attempt auto-renewal on the first day of the month prior to the domain name's expiration date.
If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month. If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Recovering Expired Domain Names for more information.
For example, if your .se domain name expires Oct. 10, we attempt auto-renewal Sept. 1, Sept. 10, and Sept. 20. If we cannot auto-renew the domain name, you must manually renew it by Sept. 20.
You can renew your .se domain name for only one year at a time.
In most cases yes, but you will need to contact GoDaddy support for assistance.
If your .se domain name contains special characters, you cannot transfer it to us at this time. See Transferring Domain Names to Us for more information.
Due to registry limitations, we cannot add a free year of registration to .se domain names that you transfer to us.
See Transferring Domain Names to Another Registrar for more information.
No. Domains By Proxy® Private Registration and Protected Registration are not available for .se domain names.
By default, The Internet Infrastructure Foundation adds its own private registration to .se domain names.
No. We do not currently support backorders for .se domain names.
No. You cannot move your .se domain name from one account with us to another.
Yes. In the Domain Manager, you can update the administrative, technical, and billing contact information at any time. You can also make limited updates to registrant contact information. See Updating Your Domain Name Contact Information for more information.
Please contact our support team for updates to the following registrant contact fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
Any valid nameservers can be used with .se domain names. You can enter a maximum of five nameservers per domain name. See Setting Nameservers for Your Domain Names for more information.