Converting Previously Recorded Video to .flv in Website Tonight
Tell us what you think!
Looking for Product Support?
If you used the Website Builder® video feature, you can convert your video files to .flv files to increase compatibility among browsers and decrease file size. After you convert and upload a video, you can add it to your website.
NOTE: You must have a Deluxe or Premium Website Builder account running on a Windows® operating system to convert your videos. Conversion is not compatible with Chrome or Safari® browsers, FireFox 3.6 or Mac OS®.
Website Builder supports the file formats 3g2, .3gp, .3gpp, .asf, .asx, .avi, .flv, .m2t, .m2ts, .m2v, .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .mpg, .mpeg, .rm, .vob, and .wmv.
To Convert Previously Recorded Video files to .flv
- Log in to your Website Builder account.
- From the Design menu page, click Page Designer.
- Click where you want to add the video.
- Go to the Insert tab, click the Media drop-down and then click Video.
- From the Choose source drop-down, select Convert a Video to .flv.
NOTE: To use this feature, you need to install an Active X plug-in: 'Starfield Technologies®' from 'On2 Technologies, Inc.'. If you are using Internet Explorer, you return to the Website Builder home screen after installing the plug-in, and repeat steps 1 - 5.
- Click Browse.
- Select your file, and click OK.
- In the Video File area, select the following:
Quality - Select the recording quality. Higher quality recordings use more disk space and bandwidth.
Size - Select the recording size. Larger recordings use more disk space and bandwidth.
- If necessary, select a start and end point for your video:
Start Point - Play the video and then click Start Point where you want it to begin.
End Point - Play the video and then click End Point where you want the video to end.
- Click Encode Video to convert it to .flv. Higher quality video take longer to encode.
- Click Start Upload.
- In the Select a Video File area on the Video tab, select the video.
- Click OK.
TIP:Drag and drop the video onto the Flix Publisher image to load it more quickly.